And more junk.

Suppose to start raining here tonight.
Good news about your eyes :thumbs:
Thanks, Roger. Stopped raining here just before noon!

Great news on the eye Doug. Didn’t take long to get the ok.

Noel
Right at one week, Noel, Thanks!

Good to hear your eye is healing well Doug. Be careful with it. Remember when we were young and tough we could grind metal all day long without dumb safety glasses all the other safety stuff. Boy those were the days.......

Also we were talking about control panels a while ago. Those keys (some) are relatively common to other things too. I use a set on our camper trailer and one fit a tool box on back of a buddies truck.
I appreciate it Bill! I still have old pairs of glasses with grinding slag balls stuck in the lenses!

Good news Doug glad you got a good report. That’s all we have had for over a month rain 2-4 days then sunny. I’ve been cutting grass almost twice a week.
Thank-you, Jim! It has been either too rainy or windy for me to spray the weeds coming up in the gravel!

Speaking of keys, About 8 years ago a Vet. had a 7000 series JD tractor stolen. Found out a $40K truck lock has slim chance another key will fit in the whole state but a $150K 7000 series tractors were all keyed alike.
Usually all farm and construction equipment was keyed alike till the use of MFD's were installed in them. If you had a CAT key, you could operate any CAT equipment. Case excavator key is the same as a Link Belt (same machine, different colors, features etc), JD excavator is the same as a Hitachi one. While in the Army i had one key that would work in my lowboy rig, a older vibratory roller, and about two or three other trucks/machines.
Not a very secure feeling then when a person spends a huge pile of money on equipment just to have every other key out there to fit it!

Got the mowing and most of the trimming done. 10 days worth of growth. Was wet and pretty thick!

Will be heading to Denver Friday pending the arrival of a med I need at Walmart pharmacy. They sid it will be here by tomorrow.

DAC

I might have said it before, any vehicle purposely built for the Army, {Humvee, 2.5, 5 ton, HEMMT.s and combat vehicles), don't really require keys. They have rotary ignition switch or push button. In garrison or storage they are secured with a padlock and a chain or cable through the steering wheel.

Back