I Bought Another Craftsman Today, This Time A 1965 Heavy Duty......

Here are a couple of old pictures of the tractor at Ben's house before I bought it. This is all for now for awhile, thank y'all all for your interest in this project. I hope to start pluggin at this sometime next year, or as I said if not maybe before.....

image.png

333405199_6129237197132208_8455913914955878515_n.jpg

Hi Everyone,

No updates on the tractor yet because I have not worked on it since my last post. At this point the back tires are flat again, and its pretty much a storage shelf… I do however have a few things to share though. I’m pretty sure I found out what the engine is. From me searching on facebook marketplace all the time, I happened to find out that the engine on the tractor is an older generator engine with a tractor muffler on it. I say this because I was on marketplace and a post popped up for a generator with the exact same engine but with its original muffler, this picture of the post here…..

3C4A8F26-988F-4303-9464-211F6769E985.png

I did more researching on marketplace to see if there was anymore of the same thing out there and what do ya know, I found another one… AND with a model number, which I believe is an 8 horsepower HM80.

7F96BFE1-8D62-4929-B023-B8427A95E559.png

F3E818A3-D59E-40A0-92EF-5016C8DB615E.png

So I’ve determined what I thought, that the engine is not original to the tractor. Finally from my research I also found out that the engines came in white, green, and red. At this point I don’t know what I’m gonna do with the engine and heck even the tractor right now, maybe take the muffler off thats on it and give it to my stepdad for his tractor because his is no good. That will be decided down the road at a later date though.

The motor that’s on their looks like a snow king tecumseh to me. But it’s hard to tell. I saw you said there were no numbers.

Good thing about tractor projects is they will always be waiting for when you have time or motivation. I have a 110 Deere that’s been waiting since 2018…it’ll probably wait 10 more years…

You think its a snow king engine?, I would think it would have a button on the side of the engine to start it if it was one of those. I guess it could be, but my gut is tellin me its not. There are no numbers on it from what I can see yes you are correct, I did say that… but I will dig deeper to try and find something, when I actually start to do something with it. I hear ya when you say that the tractor projects will be waiting when you have time because this one’s been waiting a year although I ain’t done anything to it, and my 6 horse 855 projects been waiting for 3 years.. but I’ve been working at it little by little.

More good news is that I found another one of my tractors for sale on facebook marketplace recently last month, the first picture being “screenshotted” on April 19. I just found out today that the tractor is now sold…..

5DF06E37-1F9B-44DD-A495-B6FFA50F2539.png

8E64DB81-1C4C-44DE-940F-3C9DDFC6CC2D.png

Back