My new (used) Honda Pressure washer..

I had a cheap Chicago Electric washer several years ago. It worked good for what it was. Was at an auction and auctioneer gave the rope a pull, or tried to on a Coleman pressure washer. Would not turn over. He said engine is froze - $5. No bid so I took his bid and the washer. Got it home and got the pump off and found it was stuck. Cleaned it up, back together and was up and running. 3100 lb with 4 tips with it. Not having any luck finding a fitting for another 50 ft of hose I bought for it. Found the hard way not all hoses have the same fitting to join two hoses together. I need the other 50' to wash the steel house roof off.

I had a cheap Chicago Electric washer several years ago. It worked good for what it was. Was at an auction and auctioneer gave the rope a pull, or tried to on a Coleman pressure washer. Would not turn over. He said engine is froze - $5. No bid so I took his bid and the washer. Got it home and got the pump off and found it was stuck. Cleaned it up, back together and was up and running. 3100 lb with 4 tips with it. Not having any luck finding a fitting for another 50 ft of hose I bought for it. Found the hard way not all hoses have the same fitting to join two hoses together. I need the other 50' to wash the steel house roof off.
Roger do you know what fitting you need or what to look for to connect your hoses. I had to get one myself several years ago.

Roger do you know what fitting you need or what to look for to connect your hoses. I had to get one myself several years ago.
Both ends of the OEM hose have the stem with the "O" ring that goes in the pump outlet or the wand inlet. Both the same. Second hose would need the female for the OEM hose stem and the male to go into the wand. If I could find a Dealer that sold the Coleman washer units I may be able to find the connector. Only washer unit I have found that has that kind of set up in that size.

Unless you need a quick connect take it to a place that makes hydraulic hoses and they should be able to splice them together. They might be able to come up with a quick connect for you.
About the only time I would need both hoses would be cleaning the house &/or roof off so would want it detachable. The OEM hose is a plastic type hose, kind of stiff but work good.

Will have to measure the stem again as I don't recall right off what is was from last year. Thanks for the info guys.

Roger mine are 14mm. My coupler is a threaded female on both ends. All three of my hoses have male connectors on both ends. I was at Menards yesterday and over near the PW they had a nice selection of connectors on a wall along with spray nozzles. Here is a couple of pics of my connections it might help.
09165291-3A90-4697-ACC8-31D57182E9E8.jpeg
6EE37ACA-1987-481C-BF8D-EA76E8C1E714.jpeg

Last edited:
That is exactly what I have on both the OE hose and the new one i bought as an extension. OE hose is very near the 1`4 mm but the extension hose is .581 give or take and to big to fit in either the pump or the gun. I might take the connector and turn it down it the lathe, can;t hurt anything as it is no good the way it is. Will be at Menard's next Thursday and will have to check out what they have.

Happened to think that one turned down won't do any good. No way to go to the wand. Think I better find a hose with then correct ends on it. No Coleman dealers around this area.

Last edited:
I bought this extension hose a couple years ago and evidentially didn't know what I was getting till I went to use it. I will not quite go in to the femals on the pump or wand. Buying different ends and having them crimped on would cost more than buying a new correct hose. Will see what Menard's has compared to what is available on ebay. Probably all made in China. Will let this oversize on hang and can go for auction some time.

Just a thought Roger. The male of a 14mm will go inside of a 15mm female a little loose. If you slide an O ring over the male then push it inside of the female like you would to replace a garden hose washer then tighten it hood that might work. After proof reading this it sounds a little R rated. :eek:

Just a thought Roger. The male of a 14mm will go inside of a 15mm female a little loose. If you slide an O ring over the male then push it inside of the female like you would to replace a garden hose washer then tighten it hood that might work. After proof reading this it sounds a little R rated. :eek:
Yea we don't want get this thread locked Jim.

All kidding aside don't know if id try to interchange fittings. A lot of pressure that can come shooting out..

I’d like to have a heavy duty washer like that. Especially for that deal! I have a gas one and electric. The electric is for washing cars and the gas one hasn’t been ran in years. I need to drag it out. After the siding is done I need to blast the decks and repaint them.

Decided to sell the pressure washer. As much as I like it I felt it was overkill for what I needed and possibly destructive. Used it on some sidewalks and it was fantastic for that but on vinyl siding and shutters and around painted trim its way to much.
On the plus side I made pretty good money letting it go which is what I kind of thought of doing with it anyways. The guy that bought it knew what he was buying and was ticked pink for half the price of a new one..

Last edited:
Back